We are trying to upload a local move file to Youtube though the Youtube API. This API works in such a way that after uploading a file a redirect is done to another location. Unfortunately the Android implementation of FileTransfer does not follow this redirect. (The iPhone implementation does follow the redirect.)
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a FileTransfer instance and call the upload method following the example at http://docs.phonegap.com/en/1.6.0/cordova_file_file.md.html#FileTransfer
- The server the file is posted to (in the sample this is http://some.server.com/upload.php) should do a redirect to another location to reproduce this issue.
- In the success callback the FileUploadResult.responseCode is 302, and the FileUploadResult.response is "Temporarily Moved" (or similar depending on the webserver that responded with the redirect).
- The redirect is followed and the result of the new location is retreived and represented in the FileUploadResult instance.
Or (but lower preference):
- The FileUploadResult instance also contains the HTTP headers that were sent with the response so that the Location header (containging the url to redirect to) is known.