The following items are no longer needed as we drop support for deprecated Node.js version:
- bundledDependencies item in package.json
- committed node_modules directory tree
These items should be removed for each of the actively supported Cordova platforms (Android, browser, iOS, "osx" (mac OS), and Windows). In addition we should check if any such artifacts may remain in any other Cordova repos.
I think this should be done for each of the repositories after the following prerequisites:
- package version is updated to the next major release number, with "-dev" at the end to indicate that it is not being released, as agreed in this email@example.com thread
- as already tracked in subtasks of CB-14063, already done in some of the active Cordova repos: drop support for deprecated Node.js 4 version (this should be done in package.json, .travis.yml, appveyor.yml or .appveyor.yml, and anywhere else as needed)
- fix .gitignore to completely ignore contents of node_modules