Over and above the actual migration of the code into platform repos, we need to do the following:
1. Update README.md to reflect maintenance status:
– Direct users to file bugs/prs to the platforms that integrate the plugin
2. Close out any PRs and issues
3. Deprecate the component from JIRA
4. Highlight in release notes and announcement blog posts about upgrade path:
– potential conflicts in old cordova projects that explicitly added the integrated plugin
– how to turn the integrated plugin off via feature tag tweaking in config.xml
5. cordova-docs need updating:
- should show how to turn the integrated plugin off via feature tag tweaking in config.xml
- https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/guide/support/index.html needs to remove splashscreen
- https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/config_ref/images.html mentions that splashscreen documentation exists under the plugin ref docs. where would we put this now? a new section under each platform guide?
6. bump version, do a final release, and npm deprecate the plugin
We might want to split this all up into subtasks.