To quote the conf:
An assumption of this feature is that scores will vary by less than dynamic_snitch_badness_threshold during normal operations. Attached is the result of polling a node for the scores of 6 different endpoints at 1 Hz for 15 minutes. The endpoints to sample were chosen with `nodetool getendpoints` for row that is known to get reads. The node was acting as a coordinator for a few hundred req/second, so it should have sufficient data to work with. Other traces on a second cluster have produced similar results.
- The scores vary by far more than I would expect, as show by the difficulty of seeing anything useful in that graph.
- The difference between the best and next-best score is usually > 10% (default dynamic_snitch_badness_threshold).
Neither ClientRequest nor ColumFamily metrics showed wild changes during the data gathering period.
- jython script cobbled together to gather the data (based on work on the mailing list from Maki Watanabe a while back)
- csv of DES scores for 6 endpoints, polled about once a second
- Attempt at making a graph