1.0.7 + LeveledCompactionStrategy
If you run nodetool cleanup, scrub, or upgradesstables, Cassandra execute compaction for each sstable. During the compaction, it put the new sstable to next level of the original sstable. If you run cleanup many times, sstables will reached to the highest level, and
CASSANDRA-3608 will happens at next cleanup.
- create column family CF1 with compaction_strategy=LeveledCompactionStrategy and compaction_strategy_options=
- Insert some data into CF1.
- nodetool flush
- Verify the sstable is created at L1 in CF1.json
- nodetool cleanup
- Verify sstable in L1 is removed and new sstable is created at L2 in CF1.json
- repeat nodetool cleanup some times