The main purpose of this ticket to get a better understanding about 4.0 MV status as a guideline for future improvements. I don't think it should block 4.0 release since it's already marked as experimental.
Main areas to test:
- Write perf: We expect to see 10% write throughput drop per MV added.
- Attached C40_MV.png is alpha-4, 5-node, rf3 MV write tests: with 1 mv, throughput dropped 50%
- Read perf: identical to normal table
- Bootstrap/Decommision: no write-path required since
- Repair: write path required
- Chaos monkey: take down coordinator/base-replica/view-replica during read/write/token-movement and verify data consistency (may need a tool)
- Hint Replay: able to throttle if table has MV - CASSANDRA-13810
- Schema race: create/drop - CASSANDRA-15845/CASSANDRA-15918