Part 2 of
A similar Race condition happens when more than one Camel Aggregator(s) tries to update a row in the AGGREGATION table. This problem does not lead into any exceptions. But it leads into missing exchanges. Because both the Aggregator's are trying to update the same row in the AGGREGATION table, But one update is overwritten by other update, thus losing an exchange.
- I'm awaiting completion based on counting 5 messages.
- The current data in the aggregation table indicates 3 have been aggregated so far.
- If I have either two threads or two process with a camel route that listens to a queue and then aggregates:
- thread one gets the existing message from the aggregation table (#3)
- thread two gets the existing message from the aggregation table (#3)
- thread one aggregates and adds its message to the aggregation table (#4)
- thread two does the same then I've lost the message from thread one
But there is no exception in this case – the optimistic lock is only on the message key, there's no versioning going on.