We updated one of our applications from camel 2.7.3 to camel 2.10.3.
We have a camel route that takes its input from a servlet and we saw a 10% performance drop after the update.
With more tests using yourkit, it appears that we are spending a lot more time in BaseTypeConverterRegistry#convertTo method than we used to (from 10ms to 3200ms in a test case).
The only difference between the two version is the added statistics and the AtomicLong that must cause contention on our route that uses multiple threads behind a seda.
To improve the issue on our side, we worked-around to avoid having a type converter in our hotspots (Which was mainly the DefaultHttpBinding#writeResponse from camel-http), but i think a solution should be find (maybe make these statistics optionnal).