Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 2.21.0
org.apache.pdfbox is currently used by the following components
- camel-fop uses org.apache.pdfbox:pdfbox 1.8.13
- camel-pdf uses org.apache.pdfbox:pdfbox 1.8.13
- camel-tika transitively depends on
- org.apache.pdfbox:pdfbox 2.0.6
- org.apache.pdfbox:fontbox 2.0.6
- org.apache.pdfbox:pdfbox-tools 2.0.6
- org.apache.pdfbox:pdfbox-debugger 2.0.6
- and org.apache.pdfbox:jempbox 1.8.13
Because pdfbox 2.0 is not backwards compatible with 1.8 we are not able to add Tika to WildFly Camel, where we already have camel-pdf and camel-fop.
I propose to align all the above artifacts to 2.0.6, except for jempbox that has to stay on 1.8.13, because there is no jempbox in pdfbox 2.0.