Uploaded image for project: 'Calcite'
  1. Calcite
  2. CALCITE-3595

Test infrastructure overwrites reference log with wrong results

    XMLWordPrintableJSON

    Details

      Description

      When I add a test case to a test that is based on DiffRepository (such as SqlPrettyWriterTest), and run it in Intellij, the first time gives an error because the actual output does not match the expected output. This is good.

      I would expect that if I run it again, it will fail again, but it does not. I'm not sure exactly what is going on, but maybe the test is reading from an output file instead of a reference log. This was probably broken during the migration to gradle, because the paths for reference logs have all changed.

      This bug prevents me from using the workflow where I add a test case, run it, and when it fails, change the code until the output looks right, then overwrite the reference log.

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

              People

              • Assignee:
                danny0405 Danny Chen
                Reporter:
                julianhyde Julian Hyde
              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                4 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved:

                  Time Tracking

                  Estimated:
                  Original Estimate - Not Specified
                  Not Specified
                  Remaining:
                  Remaining Estimate - 0h
                  0h
                  Logged:
                  Time Spent - 20m
                  20m