Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 0.10.0
Any moderately sized blueprint could trigger Request limit exceeded on Amazon (say kubernetes). The only way users have control over the request rate is by setting maxConcurrentMachineCreations with the current recommended value of 3 (see clocker.io).
It's bad user experience if one needs to adapt the location based on the blueprint.
Possible steps to improve:
- Add to troubleshooting documentation
- Make maxConcurrentMachineCreations default to 3
- Check are we polling for machine creation too often.
- Check how many requests are we hitting Amazon with (per created machine)
- The number of requests per machine could vary from blueprint to blueprint (say if the blueprint is creating security networks, using other amazon services). Is there a way to throttle our requests to amazon and stay below a certain limit per second?
- I've hit the error during machine tear down as well, so maxConcurrentMachineCreations is not enough to work around
Some docs on rate limits at http://docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/aws_service_limits.html.