Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Blocker Blocker
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 0.6.0
    • Fix Version/s: 0.6.0
    • Component/s: tests
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      Hive smoke's TestJdbcDriver seems to be failing due to libfb302 not being present in the classpath.

      Here is the error:

      java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/facebook/fb303/FacebookService$Iface
      

      Here is the log:
      http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Bigtop-trunk/job/Bigtop-trunk-runsmokes/15/testReport/junit/org.apache.bigtop.itest.hivesmoke/TestJdbcDriver/testCreate/?

        Activity

        Mark Grover created issue -
        Mark Grover made changes -
        Field Original Value New Value
        Attachment BIGTOP-951.1.patch [ 12581311 ]
        Mark Grover made changes -
        Status Open [ 1 ] Patch Available [ 10002 ]
        Hide
        Mark Grover added a comment -

        I have tested this patch and the test now passes but I wasn't able to test the teardown part of the test. The reason is the command to start hive server (HIVE_PORT=10000 hive --service hiveserver > /dev/null 2>&1 & echo $! ) 2> /dev/null doesn't seem to return any output when run from the test (i.e. sh.getOut() returns an empty array). While if I run the same command on bash, it returns the PID of the file as expected. This PID is then used in teardown. So, barring the testing of teardown method, this patch seems to work.

        I will take a closer look at itest's shell methods to see if there is another way to retrieve the PID. In the meanwhile, if anyone has any other thoughts, please let me know.

        Show
        Mark Grover added a comment - I have tested this patch and the test now passes but I wasn't able to test the teardown part of the test. The reason is the command to start hive server (HIVE_PORT=10000 hive --service hiveserver > /dev/null 2>&1 & echo $! ) 2> /dev/null doesn't seem to return any output when run from the test (i.e. sh.getOut() returns an empty array). While if I run the same command on bash, it returns the PID of the file as expected. This PID is then used in teardown. So, barring the testing of teardown method, this patch seems to work. I will take a closer look at itest's shell methods to see if there is another way to retrieve the PID. In the meanwhile, if anyone has any other thoughts, please let me know.
        Hide
        Roman Shaposhnik added a comment -

        +1 and committed!

        Show
        Roman Shaposhnik added a comment - +1 and committed!
        Roman Shaposhnik made changes -
        Status Patch Available [ 10002 ] Resolved [ 5 ]
        Resolution Fixed [ 1 ]
        Roman Shaposhnik made changes -
        Status Resolved [ 5 ] Closed [ 6 ]
        Transition Time In Source Status Execution Times Last Executer Last Execution Date
        Open Open Patch Available Patch Available
        5m 21s 1 Mark Grover 01/May/13 02:21
        Patch Available Patch Available Resolved Resolved
        1d 16h 2m 1 Roman Shaposhnik 02/May/13 18:24
        Resolved Resolved Closed Closed
        50d 6h 25m 1 Roman Shaposhnik 22/Jun/13 00:49

          People

          • Assignee:
            Mark Grover
            Reporter:
            Mark Grover
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            2 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development