We've landed support for allowing users to change the bigtop version at runtime. Each charm will need to handle any application-specific config required during a package upgrade. This jira covers version support for the spark charm.
The workflow looks like this:
- deploy spark with default repo (bigtop-1.2.0)
- juju deploy spark
- request a change to bigtop-1.2.1
- juju config spark bigtop_version=1.2.1
- user is notified that a spark upgrade is available and should run 'reinstall'
- juju run-action spark/0 reinstall
- puppet apply completes and charm status is updated with new version info
- juju status