With the recent Ubuntu long term support release (16.04 / Xenial) and in preparation for Juju 2.0, some of the core Hadoop charms need a refresh.
Docs need to be updated and minor code changes need to be applied to ensure these charms will deploy on Xenial with Juju 2.0. Full list of changes:
- update layer repo to upstream bigtop location
- update metadata to inherit tags defined in bigtop base layer
- update charm tests to use xenial base OS
- alter plugin to correctly make java relation optional
- use layer options to override NN and RM ports in puppet recipes
- run bigtop smoke tests for RM (yarn) and Slave (hdfs + mapreduce)
- run simple smoke tests for NN and plugin:
- plugin lacks venv modules required to instantiate the Bigtop class, so it cannot call Bigtop.run_smoke_tests.
- NN cannot successfully run the 'hdfs' smoke test. It fails on the distcp test, presumably because it lacks a component like the DN.
- readme updates for consistent messaging and 2.0 instructions