Running all the smokes with mvn verify is painful:
1) Diving into the XML files when stuff breaks
2) Remembering to use TRACE level logging
3) Leaving out export PIG_HOME , etc... leads to smokes failing late in the test run.
4) Hopefully we can specify more env variables to control size of smokes in the future. That will make a script for running the whole thing even more useful.
5) when hacking the groovy scripts:: To Compile or not to compile? Always forget to specify.
A simple bash script could serve as a better tutorial/solution/template for users that want to run smokes. I'm attaching a very raw patch that we can rewrite in python and flesh out some more to do better error reporting, more verification, etc.
|Status||Open [ 1 ]||Resolved [ 5 ]|
|Resolution||Duplicate [ 3 ]|
|Priority||Major [ 3 ]||Minor [ 4 ]|
|Component/s||Tests [ 12315617 ]|
|Assignee||jay vyas [ jayunit100 ]|
|Fix Version/s||0.8.0 [ 12324841 ]|
|Affects Version/s||0.7.0 [ 12324362 ]|