Uploaded image for project: 'Axis2-C'
  1. Axis2-C
  2. AXIS2C-674

problem in coding special characters in server answer

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: Current (Nightly)
    • Fix Version/s: 1.1.0
    • Component/s: xml/om
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      SuSE 10, no specials

      Description

      When the server generates a webservice answer that contains special signs like "&" this character is not converted to "&" as expected.
      Just imagine a company's name like "Tools & Co." - it would be transferred to the client exactly like this, as you can see in the tcpmon snippet:

      <ns1:mndname>AK & Co KG</ns1:mndname>

      The parser on the client side fails as it interpretes "&" as starter of a "&something;" construct and does not expect the " " as next char after "&".

      The WS requests from the client to the server are formatted correctly ,

      <ns1:param1>&&&</ns1:param1>

        Activity

        Hide
        samisa Samisa Abeysinghe added a comment -

        Looks like this happens with the generated code. I tested with echo sample, and that seem to work correctly, both on server side and client side.

        Show
        samisa Samisa Abeysinghe added a comment - Looks like this happens with the generated code. I tested with echo sample, and that seem to work correctly, both on server side and client side.
        Hide
        manjula peiris Manjula Peiris added a comment -

        I also test this with a generated code sample and it failed. The generated code does not encode those special characters correctly, Hence serialized message has wrong values.

        Show
        manjula peiris Manjula Peiris added a comment - I also test this with a generated code sample and it failed. The generated code does not encode those special characters correctly, Hence serialized message has wrong values.
        Hide
        samisa Samisa Abeysinghe added a comment -

        Fixed the C code by adding an encode method as well as the Java code generation tool by updating the template to call the encode function on text values.

        Show
        samisa Samisa Abeysinghe added a comment - Fixed the C code by adding an encode method as well as the Java code generation tool by updating the template to call the encode function on text values.

          People

          • Assignee:
            samisa Samisa Abeysinghe
            Reporter:
            ishiido Florian Steinborn
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development