Apache Atlas collects information about an organization's data assets. This JIRA provides a role-based user interface to enable people in the organization to locate, use, manage and govern these assets. The personas that it will support are:
- Data scientists and citizen analysts (business people working with data) wishing to locate and use data.
- Application developers wanting to use standard structures in their APIs and to understand the rules that apply to the data they are processing with the API.
- Data engineers and information architects supporting the data platforms and integrations that support the business. These people use metadata to create strong information supply chains that deliver data to the organization. They also deploy analytics created by data scientists and citizen analytics into production and build analytical processes themselves.
- Data owners (any role) wanting to improve the description of their data asset, to classify their asset and to understand how their data assets are being used.
- Governance team members from CDO, to data owners to data stewards and custodians that define and monitor the metadata used to manage and govern the data.