When a STOMP client which has a subscription to a topic disconnects without unsubscribing first, the topic seems to disappear.
- configure a server with a topic (e.g. jms.topic.testtopic) and start it
- STOMP: connect to the server
- STOMP: subscribe to the topic
- STOMP: disconnect from the server (without unsubscribing first)
- STOMP: connect to the server again
- STOMP: send a message to the topic
At this point the server responds with "AMQ339001: Destination does not exist: jms.topic.testtopic"
At this point the topic is still visible in jconsole though so maybe it has not disappeared entirely, but anyway, messages cannot be sent to it with STOMP any more. Restarting the server makes it possible to send to it again.