Affects Version/s: 2.6.0
Fix Version/s: None
We use colocated HA-policy and trying to achieve the following:
- We have 2 servers and want each one of them will hold a) 1 master b) 1 slave for the master of each other
- When we start the servers we have the above as we wanted
- When one of the server is going down, the slave on the second becomes a live master - till now everything is ok
- When the second server (which was down in step 3) is up, the slave from server 1 remains a live master and a slave for master 1 is not created in server 2.
All we want is : how the system should be configured, so after the step 4 we will have the exact topology as after the step 1.
- Start server 1 and server 2: server 1 has 1 master and 1 slave, server 2 has one master and one slave
- Restart server 2: server 1 has one master and one slave, server 2 has one master and one slave
This issue was asked multiple times in stackoverflow, but was never answered.
When using a co-located HA policy, the backups, maintained by some node are not restored after this node is restarted (not on this node and not on any other).
Our configuration was as the following: