Apache APISIX is a dynamic, real-time, high-performance API gateway, based on the Nginx library and etc.
APISIX provides rich traffic management features such as load balancing, dynamic upstream, canary release, circuit breaking, authentication, observability, and more.
You can use Apache APISIX to handle traditional north-south traffic, as well as east-west traffic between services. It can also be used as a k8s ingress controller.
Metrics in the apisix ingress controller is less, which results in the observability of the controller itself is bad (though the data plane (i.e. APISIX itself) has rich metrics), therefor we need more and more metrics for apisix ingress controller, and show them in Grafana.
- Plan which metrics should be exported in apisix-ingress-controller
- Coding on apisix-ingress-controller, adding these hooks for the aggregation of metrics.
- Integrating with Grafana.
- Be familiar with Prometheus
- Have basic understandings of Kubernetes, Ingress, and Ingress Controllers.
Chao Zhang, PMC of Apache APISIX, email@example.com