I tried the latest snapshot 12.03.2010, several producers and consumers. No matter what I change in activemq.xml file I always end up with memorylimit and broker is "frozen". However today I found one really strange thing. Maybe this is something wrong with what JMX says but: several temp-queues with ConsumerCount=0, ProducerCount=0 but EnqueueCount was getting up and up and Dequeue was 0 all the time . This way MemoryPercentageUsage got to 100% and AMQ said again something like this:
2010-03-16 15:02:28,455 | INFO | Usage Manager Memory Limit reached on temp-queue://e0499daa-604e-227c-57c5-8a700a83d690:0. Producers will be throttled to the rate at which messages are removed from this destination to prevent flooding it. See http://activemq.apache.org/producer-flow-control.html for more info | org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue | ActiveMQ Transport: tcp:///127.0.0.1:46737
My config file is attached. All producers and consumers use CMS -3.0.1. and 3.1.1.