We experienced that some messages (send in persistent mode) were lost after the message broker was killed and restarted.
The attached little test simulates the situation:
There are 10 queues, 10 sender and 10 receiver threads each sending / receiving quite frequently to / from one queue for a quite long time.
The receiver for each queue expects the messages exactly in the order the sender has send the messages.
After restarting (killing) the broker the order of the received messages gets disturbed or messages get lost.
- Start the broker as configures by default in the distribution (only switch on JMX support).
- Start the main method of the attached class
- Wait until some messages are received
- kill or shutdown the broker
- restart the broker
- have a look at the output of the test class