When components are installed or are started/restarted, they must report their versions back to Ambari server so that we can accurately track whether or not they are running the correct binaries. With the switch to mpacks, this means that stack-select is deprecated and must be replaced:
- Add mpack version tracking to the SQL and java classes
- Introduce a deprecated annotation and begin marking Python code dealing with stack tools as deprecated
- Use the mpack instance manager to report versions
- Change the structured output of the agent to report multiple possible results in a single payload
- Handle incoming version changes and update the appropriate service component hosts.
- Update the version alert to check for mpack versions