Disabling Kerberos after enabled during Blueprint install fails with missing data directory error:
This is caused by an invalid security state set for the installed components since the appropriate state is not set while enabling Kerberos during the installation process:
The expected state for each component is SECURED, not UNSECURED. Because of this, Ambari thinks there is no work to be done, causing this issue.
Steps to reproduce:
- Setup Ambari, ensure KDC is installed on some host and Kerberos client libs are installed on the Ambari server host with the krb5.conf setup properly
- Install Blueprint - blueprint_single_node_zk.json
- Create clister - cluster_template_single_node_zk.json
- When cluster is created, Kerberos should be enabled and all services up
- Disable Kerberos - error occurs during Unkerberize Cluster task.