This is found while Recommisioning a datanode and Installing a new datanode while Ambari manages include/exclude files. Please find STR as below
- Deploy a cluster
- Set manage.include.files property in Advanced hdfs-site to true
- Add dfs.hosts file to a valid path
- Stop and delete a datanode from one of the hosts
- Install Datanode back on the same node
- 2 bgops are triggered : one for Installing Datanode and second for "Update Include and Exclude Files for [HDFS]"
- Click through "Update Include and Exclude Files for [HDFS]" to see the host where operation is triggered.
We can see that even though the node where it was added is 'host1' it shows up as 'host2' in 'Hosts' and 'Tasks' in bgops window
Op was to add/install datanode. But it shows up as Recommission