Status: Patch Available
Affects Version/s: trunk, 2.5.2, 2.5.3
Fix Version/s: None
Knox has the ability to proxy Hadoop user interfaces URL. Having the ability to setup Quicklinks through Knox so instead of for example going to "Hbase Master UI" directly we can proxy through Knox for example: http://hdpjeff1.fyre.ibm.com:16010/master-status
can be instead go through: https://hdpjeff1.fyre.ibm.com:8443/gateway/default/hbase/hbaseui/master-status
Here https://hdpjeff1.fyre.ibm.com:8443/gateway is the Knox gateway URL.
This will bring authentication to the UI access and would secure the UI access.
Ideally this behavior can be set as secure going through proxy by default or it can be turn off to go directly by Ambari Admin.
1. Add new json properties knox_url, knox_path, supports_knox
a. knox_url: template to be used for urls that are proxied through Knox
b. knox_path: Knox gateway path that will be added to the proxy url.
c. supports_knox: whether link will be redirected through Knox
2. Add above json properties to quicklinks.json
3. Add HDFSUI & DATANODE,YARNUI & NODEUI, JOBHISTORYUI, HBASEUI, OOZIEUI, SPARKUI services to Knox topology template.
4. Automate protocol and port added to Knox topology file. Based on whether SSL is enabled for the services listed above, the port and protocol in params_linux.py will be updated.
5. Update quick_view_link_view.js so that when Knox is installed and support_knox is true, quicklink url follows knox url template specified in the quicklinks.json for the service/component.