Uploaded image for project: 'Ambari'
  1. Ambari
  2. AMBARI-15432

Ambari can not successfully translate blueprint configs

    XMLWordPrintableJSON

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Open
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Unresolved
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: blueprints
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      We submit blueprint with configurations (core-site):

      {"Blueprints":

      { "blueprint_name": "bp1_simple", "stack_name": "HDP", "stack_version": "2.2" }

      ,
      "host_groups": [
      {
      "name": "master_1",
      "cardinality" : "1",
      "components": [

      { "name": "JOURNALNODE" }

      ,

      { "name": "NAMENODE" }

      ,

      { "name": "ZKFC" }

      ,

      { "name": "ZOOKEEPER_SERVER" }

      ,

      { "name": "DATANODE" }

      ,

      { "name": "NODEMANAGER" }

      ,

      { "name": "HDFS_CLIENT" }

      ,

      { "name": "MAPREDUCE2_CLIENT" }

      ,

      { "name": "YARN_CLIENT" }

      ,

      { "name": "ZOOKEEPER_CLIENT" }

      ]
      },
      {
      "name": "master_2",
      "cardinality" : "1",
      "components": [

      { "name": "APP_TIMELINE_SERVER" }

      ,

      { "name": "JOURNALNODE" }

      ,

      { "name": "RESOURCEMANAGER" }

      ,

      { "name": "ZOOKEEPER_SERVER" }

      ,

      { "name": "DATANODE" }

      ,

      { "name": "NODEMANAGER" }

      ]
      },
      {
      "name": "master_3",
      "cardinality" : "1",
      "components": [

      { "name": "JOURNALNODE" }

      ,

      { "name": "RESOURCEMANAGER" }

      ,

      { "name": "NAMENODE" }

      ,

      { "name": "ZKFC" }

      ,

      { "name": "ZOOKEEPER_SERVER" }

      ,

      { "name": "DATANODE" }

      ,

      { "name": "NODEMANAGER" }

      ]
      }
      }
      "configurations": [
      {
      "core-site": {
      "properties" : {
      "fs.defaultFS" : "hdfs://mycluster",
      "ha.zookeeper.quorum" : "%HOSTGROUP::master_1%:2181,%HOSTGROUP::master_2%:2181,%HOSTGROUP::master_3%:2181"
      }}
      }
      ]
      }

      After "cluster assign" and "cluster create". The ambari-server still has the "%HOSTGROUP::master_1%" in corresponding hostname position and did not translate them.

      We checked database those configs are added to table "blueprint-configuration" once the blueprint is added and never have chance to be changed even we change some "%HOSTGROUP::master_1%" to correct hostname through Ambari webUI.

        Attachments

          Activity

            People

            • Assignee:
              Unassigned
              Reporter:
              airbots Chen He
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              1 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated: