Resolution: Cannot Reproduce
Affects Version/s: 1.8.0rc4
Fix Version/s: None
If you want to add a subdag operator with depends on past set to an existing dag you need to mark the subdag as successful in the UI in order for it to start running. Previously this was possible by mark-successing the non-existent task instance/dagrun in the UI via the graph view. Now when you try to mark the task successful Airflow gives an empty list of tasks that it is going to try to mark successful, probably because the task instance/dagrun do not exist.
- Create a DAG with a dummy task
- Let this DAG run for one dagrun
- Add a new subdag operator that contains a dummy operator to this DAG that
has depends_on_past set to true
- click on the white square for the new subdag operator in the DAGs first
- Click "Zoom into subdag" (takes you to the graph view for the subdag)
- Click the dummy task in the graph view and click "Mark Success"
- Observe that the list of tasks to mark as success is empty (it should
contain the dummy task)