Status: In Progress
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Django Portal
The BlankPage template assumes a container of class container-fluid for the entire page. But the max-width of Bootstrap's container class is nice to have for a lot of layouts, especially ones with text.
Instead of rows as the top-level collection, it should instead be containers. We'll need a new Page type since this would break existing instances of BlankPage.
Also, it's useful to be able to define a background for containers that spans the entire page even though the container itself may be fixed width. We could do the following:
However, that would result in twice as much padding as usual on the left and right for the doubly nested container (container-fluid and container both define padding-left and padding-right of 15px). Instead I think just having a wrapping div that can be styled will allow setting background colors and images as needed.
- Container type is another attribute of rows
- two types of container (optional, can be left blank): full width and max width
- has an outer wrapping div for setting a background
- each container has the following attributes
- background styles - apply to container wrapper
- background classes - apply to container wrapper
- background image - apply to container wrapper
- background color for a container of rows that spans full width
- example: red background portion of https://gateway.futurewater.indiana.edu/
- background image for a container of rows that spans responsive max-width
- banner background image that spans the full width and doesn't have any additional content in it
- example: banner image in https://gateway.futurewater.indiana.edu/
- [x] Make the various container options a StreamBlock with only one allowed option (max_num=1)
- [x] add background styling attributes and test
- [x] apply only to BlankPage template (not Cybergateway or Seagrid template)
- [x] documentation