Resource Allocation use-cases:
1. Establish an allocations process: The allocation administrator interacts with Airavata staff to establish an allocations process for a client organization.
Note: This may be a extra feature request, because the allocation procNote: This may be a extra feature request, because the allocation process can be same (predefined) to all the clients
ess can be same (predefined) to all the clients
2. Establish and manage review panel: The allocation administrator establishes one or more review panels and designates panelists, their terms, and areas of expertise.
- The level of depth and role privileges are to be thought about and finalized.
- Parameters such as least number of approvals and number of panelists should be finalized.
3. Add resources: Airavata resource allocation service queries Airavata's resource discovery service to identify resources that services providers have designated to be part of a given allocation process.
- Types of resources: Community and paid (XSEDE)
- Are all the clients entitled to select all kinds of resources ? or is it predefined
4. Establish a submission opportunity: The allocation administrator defines and verifies the deadlines, review panel, and resources associated with a submission opportunity.
Note: As some of these use-cases are picked from "XRAS (XSEDE)", I need more elaboration on submission opportunity
5. Submission of allocation request: Researchers visit the client organization’s designated interface to submit their allocation requests.
6. Manage the review process: The allocation administrator identifies conflicts of interest between reviewers and submissions, assigns and notifies reviewers, and prepares for face-to-face panel meetings.
Note: This may be an extra feature request.
7. Submission of a review: Panel members authenticate to the Airavata's review interface using usernames and authentication, access request documents, related accounting details, and complete assigned reviews.
8. Award or reject allocation requests: Following the panel meeting or other decision process, the allocation administrator enters allocation amounts or rejection information, notifies the submitter, and relays results to the
9. Allocation data reporting and access: Airavata's will provide interfaces to allow allocation administrators to generate basic reports and exchange data with a reporting service.
As this a tentative list of use-cases, any suggestion and improvements are gladly welcome.