Uploaded image for project: 'Accumulo'
  1. Accumulo
  2. ACCUMULO-4305

ShellUtilTest broken

    XMLWordPrintableJSON

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: 1.7.2, 1.8.0
    • Component/s: shell
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      ShellUtilTest.testWithDecode() passes, even though the data it was suppose to be base64-decoding was never base64-encoded to begin with.

      It appears that commons-codec silently fails when trying to decode certain non-base64 data, which allows the test to pass even though it shouldn't.

      I noticed this while converting to use the Java 8 Base64 class, as recommended by modernizer-maven-plugin in ACCUMULO-4304

      I've fixed it in ACCUMULO-4304 for 2.0, but the test should be fixed in 1.8 and earlier branches. The code itself didn't look like it was faulty, just the test, but the behavior of commons-codec in this case might affect users at runtime.

        Attachments

          Activity

            People

            • Assignee:
              ctubbsii Christopher Tubbs
              Reporter:
              ctubbsii Christopher Tubbs
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              1 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: