• Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: 1.4.0
    • Component/s: contrib
    • Labels:
    • Environment:

      Searching all of english, german and spanish indexed wikipedia articles using the accumulo sample on a 10-node cluster.


      I've been working on a presentation on the accumulo sample, which will show off some of the accumulo-specific features. But when I ran it, I found very poor performance on some queries, and inconsistent results when I changed the user's authorizations.

      Some queries like "three little pigs" ran with sub-second response times. Other queries such as "old man sea" would take as long as 8 minutes.

      If I searched english-only articles, I would get more results than if I searched all the samples. Again, this only happens on some queries: the majority ran fine. "old man sea" would consistently show broken behavior.

        Issue Links


          Eric Newton created issue -
          Eric Newton made changes -
          Field Original Value New Value
          Status Open [ 1 ] Resolved [ 5 ]
          Assignee Adam Fuchs [ afuchs ] Eric Newton [ ecn ]
          Fix Version/s 1.4.0 [ 12318441 ]
          Resolution Fixed [ 1 ]
          Keith Turner made changes -
          Affects Version/s 1.4.0 [ 12318441 ]
          Gavin made changes -
          Workflow no-reopen-closed, patch-avail [ 12646902 ] patch-available, re-open possible [ 12671712 ]
          Christopher Tubbs made changes -
          Link This issue is duplicated by ACCUMULO-208 [ ACCUMULO-208 ]
          Transition Time In Source Status Execution Times Last Executer Last Execution Date
          Open Open Resolved Resolved
          1h 49m 1 Eric Newton 22/Dec/11 20:25


            • Assignee:
              Eric Newton
              Eric Newton
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              0 Start watching this issue


              • Created: