Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
It would be useful run a compaction that deletes all of the nodes written by a given ingest client (each ingest client writes a uuid that this filter could use). This would probably be best done after verification( or on a clone in parallel to verification). For example could do the following steps in testing.
- run ingest for a time period
- stop ingest
- run compaction filter to delete data written by one or more ingest clients
Its possible that ingest clients can over write each others nodes, but it seems like this would not cause a problem. Below is one example where this does not cause a problem
- ingest client A writes 2:A->3:A->5:A->6:A->7:A
- ingest client B writes 12:B->13:B->5:B->16:B->17:B
- every thing written by B is deleted
In the above case, 2:A->3:A and 6:A->7:A would be the only thing left. There are not pointers to undefined nodes.