Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Given a program that has accumulo-site.xml on its classpath, we should be able to abstract away from the user the steps for connecting to accumulo. I'm thinking that we need to expose something like HdfsZooInstance through the client API, but not exactly that, since HZI looks like it carries some extra functionality.
- Determine the backing file system
- Get Instance ID from the FS.
- Get ZooServers from accumulo-site.xml
- Get Instance Name from ZK.
- Create an Instance and hand it to the user.
If this already exists in master, then maybe we need to do a better job of documenting. Or a better job of educating me.