Bug 52967 - The function __P() couldn't use default value when running with remote server in GUI mode.
The function __P() couldn't use default value when running with remote server...
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Product: JMeter
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Main
2.6
All All
: P2 normal with 1 vote (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: JMeter issues mailing list
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency tree
 
Reported: 2012-03-22 01:37 UTC by Christ
Modified: 2012-04-01 20:56 UTC (History)
1 user (show)



Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Christ 2012-03-22 01:37:25 UTC
Steps:
1. Create a simple script and ThreadNum = ${__P(ThreadNum,5)} in JMeter Test plan.
2. Use this variable in Thread group.
3. Run the script with one remote server by following command.
jmeter -t "Test Plan.jmx" -r -n -GThreadNum=10
4. Open the script in GUI and run it by local.
5. Open the script in GUI and run with the remote server again.

Expected Result:
The ThreadNum should be use same default value 5.

Current Result:
In Step4, the ThreadNum was set to 5.
In Step5, the ThreadNum was used 10.
Comment 1 Philippe Mouawad 2012-03-22 07:53:52 UTC
(In reply to comment #0)
> Steps:
> 1. Create a simple script and ThreadNum = ${__P(ThreadNum,5)} in JMeter Test
> plan.
> 2. Use this variable in Thread group.
> 3. Run the script with one remote server by following command.
> jmeter -t "Test Plan.jmx" -r -n -GThreadNum=10
What's the result at this step ?
At this step is there a remote server running ?
> 4. Open the script in GUI and run it by local.
How do you start the GUI at this step ? 
At this step is there a remote server running ?
Did you restart the remote server meanwhile ?
> 5. Open the script in GUI and run with the remote server again.
How do you start the GUI at this step ? 
At this step is there a remote server running ?
Did you restart the remote server meanwhile ?
> 
> Expected Result:
> The ThreadNum should be use same default value 5.
> 
> Current Result:
> In Step4, the ThreadNum was set to 5.
> In Step5, the ThreadNum was used 10.
How do you start the GUI ?
Comment 2 Christ 2012-03-22 15:21:09 UTC
(In reply to comment #1)
> (In reply to comment #0)
> > Steps:
> > 1. Create a simple script and ThreadNum = ${__P(ThreadNum,5)} in JMeter Test
> > plan.
> > 2. Use this variable in Thread group.
> > 3. Run the script with one remote server by following command.
> > jmeter -t "Test Plan.jmx" -r -n -GThreadNum=10
> What's the result at this step ?
There is one remote server defined in jmeter.properties (remote_hosts=vm3111)

> At this step is there a remote server running ?
Yes

> > 4. Open the script in GUI and run it by local.
> How do you start the GUI at this step ? 
I started GUI by jmeter.bat and run it with JMeter client only.

> At this step is there a remote server running ?
Remote server is not stopped after step 3.

> Did you restart the remote server meanwhile ?
Remote server is not restarted from step3 to step5

> > 5. Open the script in GUI and run with the remote server again.
> How do you start the GUI at this step ? 
I start GUI by jmeter.bat and click Run-> Remote Start -> vm3111 from menu to run remote server.

> At this step is there a remote server running ?
Yes

> Did you restart the remote server meanwhile ?
Remote server is not restarted from end to end.

> > 
> > Expected Result:
> > The ThreadNum should be use same default value 5.
> > 
> > Current Result:
> > In Step4, the ThreadNum was set to 5.
> > In Step5, the ThreadNum was used 10.
> How do you start the GUI ?
I start GUI by jmeter.bat
Comment 3 Philippe Mouawad 2012-04-01 20:56:56 UTC
Date: Sun Apr  1 20:56:14 2012
New Revision: 1308201

URL: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1308201&view=rev
Log:
Bug 52967 - The function __P() couldn't use default value when running with remote server in GUI mode.

Modified:
   jmeter/trunk/src/core/org/apache/jmeter/engine/ClientJMeterEngine.java
   jmeter/trunk/src/core/org/apache/jmeter/engine/RemoteJMeterEngineImpl.java
   jmeter/trunk/xdocs/changes.xml