Bug 25958 - Request.setCharacterEncoding doesn't work properly if you send form via get method and if you go to another page via link
Request.setCharacterEncoding doesn't work properly if you send form via get m...
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 23929
Product: Tomcat 5
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Servlet & JSP API
5.0.16
PC All
: P3 major (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Tomcat Developers Mailing List
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency tree
 
Reported: 2004-01-07 16:08 UTC by Ondrej Nekola
Modified: 2004-11-16 19:05 UTC (History)
0 users



Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Ondrej Nekola 2004-01-07 16:08:13 UTC
We have webapp using encoding UTF-8 for all pages. It is set in jsp header and 
in meta tag in header. We use filter wrapping the whole application and setting 
request.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8"); When we send data from FORM via POST 
method, everything is OK, but if we change method to GET, data is badly encoded. 
We tested it with characters from iso-8859-2 and iso-8859-5 codepage. For 
example, czech characters čžščž are encoded as %c4%8d%c5%be%c5%a1%c4%8d%c5%be, 
it looks like well urlencoded UTF data, and when we sniffed data posted via POST 
method, it was the same. This problem occures if you use such data in parameters 
of link too. We post this problem to our local java mailing list and a few 
people confirmed the same behavior, so it looks it is not only our problem.

Used configuration:

Clients: Win IE 6.0, Mozilla 1.4, Opera 7.21
Server OS: Windows 2000, Linux
Container: Tomcat 5.0.16
Java: J2SDK 1.4.2_03
Comment 1 Remy Maucherat 2004-01-07 16:13:15 UTC

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 23929 ***